Policies of Trailside Management, Inc.
1. Reservations: All reservations are subject to booking rule requirements. Some properties may require a minimum stay requirement during peak ski season, from December 20th until April 10th.
2. Check-In/Check-Out Time: Check-in is at 5:00pm and we cannot guarantee
check-in by 5:00pm during holidays and peak season, where your patience will be
greatly appreciated in these instances. Guest who will be arriving later than
5:00pm should refer to your confirmation notifications for check-in location
and late arrival instructions. Absolute check-out time is 10:00am so we
may prepare for our next arrival.
Rates are based on property features, location, and season, and can be found listed on this website. Rates are subject to change without notice. For long term rentals, please contact
us, or call us at (802) 422-3553. Cleaning charge, sales tax,
administration and booking fee will be added to all reservations. These fees
will vary with each property.
Rental Payments: Final rental payments are due in full 30 days prior to arrival. Final rental payments for Holiday Reservations are due 60 days prior to arrival. Payments may be made by cash, traveler’s check, bank money order, credit card or personal check with proper identification. Credit cards will not be accepted for long term stays. In the event of cancellation, the property must be re booked in order to obtain a refund, less a 10% re booking fee. To protect against the loss of your rental payments,
travel insurance is strongly recommended.
Advance Rent Payment: 20% of total rent amount is required at the time of
initial reservation. 30% of total rent
is required within seven (7) days from the date of booking. The 30% payment of total rent is required to
be submitted by check or funds
transfer, payable to Trailside Management, Inc. If the advance rent is
not received within 7 days of booking, your reservation will be cancelled. The final 50% payment of total rent due is
required 60 days prior to arrival for all Holiday reservations and 30 days
prior to arrival for all non-Holiday reservations. Failure to meet the required Reservation
Payment Deadlines will result in the Cancellation of the Reservation. Reservations made within 30 days prior to
arrival require an electronic check or credit card advance rent payment upon
booking. Advance rent payment is only refundable if the property is
6. Cancellation of Reservations: Please contact our office as soon as possible in the
event you must cancel or change properties.
We will only refund your advance/final rental payments if the property
is re-rented for the same time period and rate, less a 10% cancellation fee.
Once your reservation has been confirmed, any cancellations date or property
changes will be subject to this cancellation policy. To prevent loss of rental
payments we strongly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance.
7. Ski Trail Condition and Ski Lift/Gondola Policy: The sport of Winter
skiing at Killington, Vermont is an outdoor activity that is dependent on the
weather AND is subject to the management of the Killington Ski Resort Mountain Operations,
which includes Snow Making and Ski Trail management here at the ski resort. The Killington Ski Resort is responsible for
managing all ski trails and for the operation of all ski chair lifts and
gondolas here at the Resort. In the
event of any ski trail closures that services any of our Trailside Management,
Inc./www.skionskioff.com slope side properties here in Killington or in the
event of any interruption of ski chair lift or gondola services by the
Killington Ski Resort that supports our Trailside Management,
Inc./www.skionskioff.com slope side properties here in Killington, Trailside
Management, Inc. will not issue refund of any rent payments.
Tenant Duties: You agree to comply with all obligations imposed on you with
respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to, the
keep the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the
Premises permit, and cause no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common
areas and remainder of the Premises that you use;
dispose of all ashes, rubbish, garbage and other waste in a
clean and safe manner; (c) keep all plumbing fixtures in the Premises or used
by the Tenant as clean as their condition permits;
not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage or
remove any part of the Premises or render inoperable the smoke detector or CO2
detector, if applicable;
comply with all obligations imposed upon the Tenant by current
applicable building and housing codes;
be responsible for all damage, defacement, or removal of any
property inside the Premises that is in Your control unless the damage,
defacement or removal was due to ordinary wear and tear, acts of the Owner or
Agent, defective products supplied or repairs authorized by the Owner, or
notify Agent in writing of the need of replacement of and/or
repairs to a smoke detector and replacing the batteries as needed during the
You agree not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any law or governmental regulation and may use the Premises for residential purposes only and you will not exceed the occupancy allowed for the Premises. Your breach of any duty contained in this paragraph after commencement of tenancy shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of your tenancy with no refund of rent.
10. Internet: Our properties have internet access. We do not, however, guarantee internet connectivity due to service being provided by an outside vendor, restrictions from personal computers, or other factors may lead to interruption of internet service. In the event the internet service is inoperable, we will do our best to troubleshoot over the phone, but if further assistance is needed the guest will allow access in the property to the internet provider. No refunds will be given due to the loss of internet service.
11. Unit Assignments When you book your
reservation, a unit will be assigned. No unit requested is guaranteed and we do
reserve the right to change unit assignments.
12. Family and Friends Rentals
of our vacation homes are family rentals ONLY. The total number of persons
allowed in a unit at any time is restricted to the limit stated for that
property. No units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults
(under 25) unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian. During the ski
season, we require one parent for every two persons under the age of 25. A
PARENT MUST BE STAYING IN THE UNIT AT ALL TIMES. OUR RENTAL UNITS ARE MONITORED
FOR VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY. ALL VIOLATORS WILL BE EVICTED, AND ALL RENTAL
PAYMENTS AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL BE APPLIED! RESERVATIONS MADE UNDER FALSE
PRETENSES ARE NULL AND VOID AND CHECK-IN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. This policy
includes reservations made by parents who do not check-in, and/or who leave
overnight during the length of the stay. NO EXCEPTIONS!
13. Housekeeping. Your vacation accommodations will be cleaned to quality standards prior to your arrival and after your departure. You will be responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. We respectfully request that you remember you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own.
14. Linens/Towels/Supplies. Although linens are furnished, linens are not to be removed from the unit. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set up of trash liners, paper towels, toilet paper, and soap is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
15. All Units: Our vacation rentals are individually owned and furnished. Please do not rearrange the furniture, take items outside that are a part of the interior decor, or move items from one unit to another unit. Units may have one or more lockers/ closets that are reserved for storage of owner’s property. These lockers/closets are NOT included in the rental.
16. Smoking: is strictly prohibited.
You will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and deodorizing if any
evidence of smoking is found in your non-smoking unit.
17. Pets: are allowed in specific
properties only, and must be crated when left alone; please inquire about your
pet, provide its name, age and breed. A non-refundable deposit will apply.
18. Units may not be sublet.
19. Items Left in Unit: Trailside Management,
Inc../www.skioskioff.com Properties, is not responsible for personal items left
in a unit. If you wish to have them returned, there will be a $25 service
charge plus shipping costs.
20. Good Neighbor Policy. Rental properties are
located in neighborhoods that include both short-term guests and year-round
residents. Please be sure to observe all rules and regulations, which are
provided for each property. All guests, as well as owner, are required to
conform to all rules and regulations of the properties. Violators are subject
to eviction. Please do respect the rights and space of nearby homeowners and
21. Parking is allowed in your designated area ONLY. Specific properties have vehicle restrictions. Please ask about allowed parking for your accommodations, especially if you are taking a multi-family vacation, traveling with leisure craft, or will be parking more than two vehicles at your vacation residence at any time during your stay.
22. Guest acknowledges Trailside Management, Inc. is the agent of the property owner and is acting at all times, in and for the best interest of the owners. Agent will not be held responsible for acts of theft, vandalism, or damages to the guest’s personal property. Note: All monies collected will be placed in an interest bearing special account and all interest will accrue to Trailside Management, Inc.
23. Security deposits will
be returned to the guest within 10 days of the departure day, after the property
pass the inspection. As long as the
client did not provoke any damages, late check-outs, or if the client has not
breached any of the clauses mentioned above, security deposits will be returned
in full less the credit card processing fees.
Terms & Conditions
Reservation requests for non-Holiday periods require an immediate non-refundable down payment equal to 20% of the total reservation amount due. Within 24 hours, the rental client is required to follow up with the executed rental contract document and a copy of their valid drivers license emailed back to Trailside Management, Inc. The final payment for non-Holiday reservations is due no later than 30 days prior to the arrival date, payable by certified check, Fed Wire Transfer or valid credit card, representing a NON REFUNDABLE PAYMENT, as submitted by the credit card holder.
Reservation requests for Holiday periods require an immediate non-refundable down payment equal to 20% of the total reservation amount due. Within 24 hours, the rental client is required to follow up with the executed rental contract document and a copy of their valid drivers license emailed back to Trailside Management, Inc. Client must follow up with the 30% of the total booking within 7 days of the booking. The final payment and security deposit for Holiday reservations is due no later than 60 days prior to the arrival date, payable by certified check, or Fed Wire Transfer, representing a NON REFUNDABLE PAYMENT, as submitted by the credit card holder.
Failure to meet the rental contract document submission and valid drivers license requirement and payment deadlines will result in the forfeiture of the reservation deposit payment. The payment deadlines outlined and agreed to in the Terms & Conditions are required in order to maintain a reservation request. The final payment deadline requirement outlined and agreed to in the Terms & Conditions is required to prevent the cancellation of the reservation request.
You agree that should you cancel this reservation for any reason (including the failure to meet the payment or documentation deadlines agreed to in the rental contract), that then your reservation deposit is not refundable to you to the extent we are unable to rent the unit to other persons. To the extent that we are able to rent your unit to other persons during your rental period, we will credit your deposit with that subsequent rental, pro rata, less a 10% re-booking fee. Your reservation is confirmed when your payment clears our bank. Complete instructions for access to your unit will be delivered after the final payment is received.
Limitation of Liability: The owner and their rental agent shall not be liable to the Tenant, his family or guest for any injury to person or property arising out of Tenant’s occupancy of the premise. Tenant shall hold the Landlord and its representatives harmless against any and all claims and/or liabilities arising out of the Tenant’s occupancy of the premises. Proper use of the Hot Tub Spa is the Tenant’s responsibility. Tenant shall hold the Landlord and its representatives harmless against any and all claims or liabilities arising out of the Tenant’s and/or their guests’ use of the hot tub spa.
You must submit timely payment for the security deposit, as agreed to in your rental contract. If your visit and actions result in more damage than the agreed security deposit amount, then you hereby acknowledge that you are personally responsible for the recovery of all losses, expenses (including the loss rental value) and a reasonable attorney fee necessary to collect reimbursement for repairs. We do not allow pets of any kind and we do not allow smoking in our properties. The occupancy level limitations and the arrival & departure times agreed to in your rental contract are strictly enforced. Defaulting on any of these terms will result in the forfeiture of your security deposit. Your security deposit would be returned in full less the processing fees assessed by the credit card processing company.
ACCEPTANCE OF PROPOSAL: I HEREBY ACCEPT ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AS PROPOSED AND CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT. THE ABOVE PRICES, SPECIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS ARE SATISFACTORY AND HEREBY ACCEPTED. PAYMENT WILL BE MADE AS OUTLINED ABOVE.
I have read & understand the Terms and Conditions included with this contract.